Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Oh the things you can do with a staple gun (Part 1)





I love staple guns. They are one of the best tools for projects around the house. I was able to make the headboard in our guest room. I used some plywood, 1x2 boards, batting, fabric, and buttons. I cut the plywood board to the width of the bed. Then I screwed the 1x2 boards around the edge of the plywood to form a frame.
Next, I covered the front and edges of the headboard with batting. I used the staple gun to staple the batting onto the back frame. Then, I repeated the same process with the fabric. On the corners, fold the fabric like a present. Make sure to stretch the fabric taut. It is best to staple the middle first and then stretch it out towards the edges. I also used the staple gun to create the tufting effect with the buttons. I placed a staple where I wanted each button to go and then used the glue gun to glue them in place.







No comments:

Post a Comment